The united states doesn’t have a international coverage, it has a business enterprise plan, and it is company as common in the Biden administration. Joe Biden promised his donors that very little would fundamentally modify in his administration. Kamala Harris mentioned her agenda wasn’t about substantive transform. So what we’re finding underneath the Biden/Harris staff is eminently predictable:
- Additional blank checks for Israel, and no recognition of any rights for Palestinians.
- A revival of the outdated Chilly War, with China as the primary “threat” but with Russia not forgotten.
- Politics subordinated to the armed forces, relatively than the navy in assistance of political aims. In brief, army dominance is America’s overseas coverage.
- Related to the first three factors is dominance of the world’s trade in weapons. The State Division has develop into a very small branch of the Pentagon and the military-industrial complex. It is all about closing arms specials, moving components, marketing weaponry, generating a buck.
- Naturally, one particular of Biden’s initially functions as president was to bomb a overseas place, in this circumstance Syria. So presidential!
In Joe Biden, The usa has a fading and flailing male to lead a fading and flailing empire. In Kamala Harris, The us has an example of old wine in new packaging. She’s a woman, she’s Black, she’s South Asian — and she thinks like Hillary Clinton and Henry Kissinger.
Keep in mind when Joe Biden stated he’d be all about diplomacy? That the power of America’s example would rule in excess of the case in point of our electrical power? Great words, but that’s all they’ve been so much. Words.
Two examples exactly where Biden has appeared to offer you significant improve are with Afghanistan and Yemen. With Afghanistan, Biden has promised a entire armed service withdrawal by 9/11/2021. But does this use only to overcome troops when excluding mercenaries, the CIA, unique forces “trainers,” and the like? It’s not but very clear. Additionally just about anything can occur amongst now and 9/11 for Biden to switch gears and hold some battle troops in place.
With Yemen, Biden designed a place about excluding offensive arms profits to Saudi Arabia although continue to letting defensive ones. Practically any weapon can be labeled as defensive in nature, so it is doubtful irrespective of whether Saudi functions in Yemen will be impacted at all by Biden’s weasel-phrase guidelines.
The Biden/Harris foreign plan, these kinds of as it is, is retrograde. It’s a return to the Cold War, with an emphasis on new nuclear weapons and more substantial Pentagon budgets. It’s about world dominance when The united states at home burns. It is foolish and stupid nevertheless it will make a few folks richer for a couple extra business cycles.
And thus it is company as typical in Washington, which is just what Biden/Harris have been employed for.